Friday, November 1, 2013

Pumpkins, Bats, and Owls, Oh My!

Hi Everyone!

My name is Erica and I am so excited to be making my first blog post ever! I absolutely LOVE my job and thought it would be fun to share what is going on in my classroom. I am also linking up with Five for Friday, so here it goes! 
http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/2013/11/five-for-friday-linky-party-november-1.html



This week we focused on plural and singular nouns. I thought it would be fun to turn it into a craftivity so we made a fun little pumpkin patch. I created the worksheet to go along with the fall pumpkin theme...


Last week we wrapped up our Bat Unit with this sweet little writing craftivity. I used The First Grade Parade's bat freebie for the template and then created my own worksheet to go right along. It was awesome
to see my students using the batty vocab we learned.
This week we learned all about owls and then we compared and contrasted them with bats. We talked about their similarities and differences and wrote them on our chart.
We followed our venn diagram with this simple owls v. bats writing activity. They had to write something they learned that is unique to owls, something they learned that is unique to bats, and then what they both have in common.
The scrapbook owls look super cute hanging on the wall! I still have to find a place to hang the rest…so much to hang but so little room! 


For math we did a super fun and simple addition activity I found on the First Grade Parade (here).They did an awesome job! 

This week for our reading series we read the book "Animal Babies". Together we found the main idea and listed key details we learned. 



2 comments:

kinder-gardening said...

I'm so glad I found you! What an adorable blog. I can see that you are very talented and I loved every single project! Your kids had a busy but fun week.Thanks so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

Hi Sandy! You are so sweet! Thanks so much for stopping by :-)

Post a Comment